Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


I had always wanted to try this and FINALLY I DID! And now I wonder why I waited so long.

I do want to give credit where credit is due so I started with this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/381117187192707312/ basic recipe I found on Pinterest but added my own amount of seasonings. 

Follow the basic instructions for the cauliflower however I also cheated and bought my cauliflower already "riced" from Target in their produce section. Sometimes I do opt for the easier alternative route when it comes to saving time as a busy mom.

So I seasoned my crust with the following: 
1 tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sweet basil 

I used 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese also

I do want to emphasize that the drying process is IMPORTANT!! Please take your time as the crust will crumble otherwise. 

Toppings for this pizza included what I had on hand already: I used a 1/4 spaghetti sauce because I did not want it to be dry and spread it all over, and topped with additional cheese, spinach, tomatoes, and red onion. I baked at 450 for 8 minutes until the cheese was bubbling and served. I also used a pizza stone and I do believe that it helped with the crust. 

This was super easy and really tasty. It will definitely become a staple for me from now on. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment