Friday, October 23, 2015

Italian Spaghetti Squash



So I finally got brave and tackled my first meal using spaghetti squash!

I think it was hit as evidenced by the fact that there were absolutely no left overs.

So here is what I did, now mind you I have never cooked it before so I had to look that part up. So I preheated my oven to 375, placed my squash on a pan after I pierced it a couple times on each side. I worried about it cooking all the way through. And I cooked it for about 60 minutes. 

It was really tender afterwards, and then I sliced it open and scooped out the seeds and scooped out the inside goodies!

I was a littler unsure of what to mix it with but I did have lots of veggies on hand again. 

I used fresh baby portebella mushrooms cleaned and sliced, frozen red & green bell peppers with onions, and generously seasoned with garlic, pepper, italian herbs, oregano, and a little salt. 

Voila! Healthy "pasta"! I have lots left over and I am really looking forward to experimenting some more. I am always looking for new things to try so if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know in the comments below. 

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment