Friday, October 30, 2015

Homemade No Bake Shakeology Granola Bars


I came across a granola recipe online and thought I had to be able to make that even better! And guess what..... I did.  And I made it healthier as well. I used the base recipe and added my own concoction of ingredients and superfoods, and even my husband was devouring it!

Ingredients:

2 cups quick oats
1 cup whole cashews unsalted
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1 scoop chocolcate shakeology
1/4 cup raw honey
1/2 Tablespoon peanut butter
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark choloclate chips

Instructions: 

In a food processer, combine cashews and quinoa and chop. There is no perfect level of chopping just make them smaller. Set aside for later.

In a pan on low heat, combine honey, coconut oil, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract and heat until it makes a thick liquid. This process only takes a few minutes. 

Once you have achieved this step then toss in your other dry ingredients (BUT NOT THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!!! They will melt!!! ) Stir and mix everything together. 

In a wax paper lined pan (grease the wax paper some so it does not stick to you granoloa bars) spread the mixture and even it out with a spatula. Top with your chocolate chips and place in the fridge for a couple hours...voila! DONE! And let me tell you it tastes rather yummy! 

If you are not using a scoop of chocolate shakeology you could add a tablspoon of PB2 to have peanut butter flavored granola!!! 

Total time: about 20 minutes and I have several days worth of a quick & healthy snack that also tastes amazing!

Enjoy!

xoxo
Meghan


No comments:

Post a Comment