Saturday, October 17, 2015

Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Tacos

What happens when you are trying to revamp your typical taco night at home? You try something new, keep your fingers crossed that it will taste good, and also hope that it reheats well because you just know that there will be leftovers.

So that was my day yesterday.... hence the crockpot chicken tacos, and they were to say the least pretty yummy and it reheats well so that is a win win for me and my family with our busy schedules!


So again, I used ingredients I already had on hand and I am sure this can be tweaked according to your likes and dislikes. 

Ingredients: 
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 small onion 
1 lb of chicken
1 1/2 packets of taco seasoning of your choice, in our house we use McCormick (and I have not yet experimented with making my own but thats on my list of to so stuff)
1 8oz can of Rotel tomatoes

Cooking Instructions: ( And here is the best part as this is a fabulous crockpot recipe)
Dice onion, drain and rinse black beans and tomatoes ( I do this to get rid of the "canned" taste), throw everything in the crockpot, and let it go!

Now I like to really slow cook any chicken I make in the crockpot so I cook on low for 4-6 hours and this also allows me flexibility to walk away from it for a while as well. On this day I started this in the afternoon so I cooked on high for about 4 hours and shredded the chicken afterwards. 


This is how I chose to serve the taco chicken. I did portion out the chicken in a red container to continue following the 21 Day fix meal plan. I sliced avocado and placed it in a quartered piece of a flour tortilla since that's what I had available. 

I did reheat it the next day, and it tasted just as yummy as it did fresh on day one!! Since we have all seem to have chaotic schedules I am all for convenience foods and things you can eat more than one day and/or freeze for later. 

Hope you enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment