Friday, October 16, 2015

Italian Night 21 Day Fix Style



So my husband grew up with a lovely Italian family and every now and then we need to have us a yummy Italian meal. 

Now this day in particular was all about time effiency and simplicity and also sticking to my meal plan while still enjoting my meal. 

So I had purchased some eggplant from a local farm while pumpkin picking and some other veggies that needed to be cooked before they went bad. Now considering I am officially down one income at the moment, wasting isn't really an option at this point in time. 

So I got creative...but I cannot lie this was AMAZING!!! Even my husband was head over heals for this delicious veggie Italian meal. And really you can use any veggies but this is what I had on hand. 

Ingredients: 

one eggplant
 one red bell pepper
one half red onion
one tomato
shredded parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
garlic
balsalmic vinegar
basil
crushed red pepper
Extra virgin olive oil

1. Clean all veggies and slice them up while preheating your oven to 400
2. Lay out your sliced egg plant on your pan, and drizzle olive oil over them
3. sprinkle a light layer of parmesan cheese over eggplant.
4. lay tomato slices on top of eggplant
5. lay all other veggies on the tray
6. Season generously with all of the above seasonings, lightly drizzle the balsalmic vinegar over since it has such a powerful flavor
7. lightly sprinkle parmesan cheese over entire pan
8. Cook in oven for approx 20 minutes or until eggplant and veggies are tender
9. Let cool slightly
10. Serve with chicken or whole wheat pasta for a full on Italin feast 21 Day Fix style


 Seriously, delicious and amazingly fresh and healthy. 

This was incredibly budget friendly and something I will be making again in the future. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment