Thursday, August 6, 2015

Welcome

Welcome!!!! I am so thrilled (and dare I say it, scared) to finally be taking this step... I started a blog! Now you may wonder what makes mine so different from other health and fitness blogs or mommy blogs, the difference is that this is intended to be a place to inspire, motivate, support, and provided thoughtful nonjudgmental insight into the modern day world of being a working mother (who is also working hard to meet her own health and fitness goals).

First, let me take a minute to really introduce myself. I want to create a relationship with my readers and let them know this a place where you can come to connect with other moms working with similar goals in life. I am a 32 year old mom, wife, and nurse originally from a small town in rural Ohio. I attended The Ohio State University, where I earned a BSN in Nursing, and upong graduation started my nursing career at the University of Cincinnati hospital where I worked in a cardiac step-down and intensive care unit. I met my husband in 2005 (at a bar), we were married in October 2007, and now have two small children and are currently residing in the greater Washington, D.C. area living our often times chaotic life one day at a time. I work full time as a nurse and am currently on a journey to achieve a healthier life and of course...lose weight (but I mean seriously who isn't on that journey??). 

This journey started for me because somewhere along the way, I realized that I had begun to settle, and quickly realized that I had completely lost myself. This journey is about so much more than achieving health and fitness goals; it is about rediscovering myself and learning to love the woman I have become over the years.

This blog is a place for me to share that journey and my life as a very busy working mom. Join me and together let's get for real about the journey to a healthier life!

xoxo,
Meghan
A Mom on a Mission...




DC Spartan Sprint 2015, First race ever and I loved it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment