Wednesday, January 6, 2016

My First Super Friday Event as a Coach!

On January 8th, 2016 I had the unique privilege to attend my very first Super Friday Event in Pittsburgh. I was FINALLY able to meet my coach, and several other teammates that I chat with on a daily basis. And let me tell you....it was AMAZING!
Forever Fit Team Picture and Post 10pm workout with master trainers

It was of course a blackout party that evening hence my glow gear

The CEO of Beachbody Carl Daikeler
And this happened, a chance to meet Autumn Calabrese!


I cannot even begin to describe how nervous I was to meet everyone, meet Autumn, and throw myself into a place where I really did not know a single person there. I had spoken to some on the phone before, or had conference calls with them but meeting them in real life is different. At least it is for me as I can be a little socially awkward in situations like this. But I managed. And I met a ton of amazing women. We laughed, we worked out of course, we had an epic cheat meal, we learned, and we shared stories. And before long my nerves settled, and I felt as if I was surrounded by friends. 

I had never attended an event before, not even for my nursing career, but I can say that I will be making it a priority to attend more Beachbody functions in the future. The energy at an event like this is something I wish I could experience every single day. Absolutely amazing. I was in absolute awe of an entire crowd of people all there for the same purpose, all working towards changing lives, and building relationships with others that will last a lifetime. 

I remember at one point while listening to Carl Daikeler speak that I wish I had learned of this amazing opportunity sooner. He spoke of why he feels his company needs to grow even more in this new year. And not just so he can make more money, but because it means that we as coaches have gone above and beyond in helping others lead healthier and more fulfilling lives. It means that we as coaches have gotten one step closer to ending the trend on obesity in this country. And as a nurse, knowing how much of that impacts healthcare in the United States, my decision to be a part of something this amazing was reaffirmed right then and there. 

I had the once in a lifetime opportunity to participate in the Dream Team training as well. I listened to the top coach in the entire company, Melanie Mitro, speak about how she grew her business into what it is today. But she made a comment at one point in the speech that just hit me, "You just have to do it. Just do it. " And you know what? She's right! And I knew then I would reconsider the goals I set for this year. I knew then I wasn't dreaming big enough, nor did those goals reflect an adequate amount of hard work that matches up with WHY this is important to me. Now my goals are bigger. My goals didn't match my dreams, so a little adjustment was in order. Now I think they match up more, and I know that the effort I put forth from here on out for this year will be reflected in my results at the end of the year. 

I listened to the stories of several top coaches, and their stories just resonated with me in such a big way. I frantically took notes, wrote down ideas in my phone so I wouldn't forget later. Decided that this event was the biggest turning point for me. 

I walked away feeling inspired. Excited. Motivated, Determined. My brain was and is still going 100 miles per hour, and I often times find myself having to stop to write something down so I won't forget it later. It's almost overwhelming but in such a good way. I encourage you or anyone interested in learning more about the coaching opportunity to attend a Super Saturday event if you ever get the chance. You will leave feeling empowered, and inspired to leave your mark in the world. Your legacy. 

I know now...it's go time. 

And I cannot wait to see where I can go from here...



xoxo
Meghan 




No comments:

Post a Comment