Monday, January 25, 2016

Recipe: Quinoa Taco Bake

It is no secret that I love me some southwest/Tex-Mex foods, so when I need to change things up a bit, this is often one of the first things I end up doing. I try to figure out another way to eat my beloved taco foods.

Quinoa, by far one of the most perfect foods that exists, is one of my easy go to healthy sides.  So when I needed to change things up this week, I had some quinoa and my other go to ingredients, and quinoa taco bake is the happy result! It's quick. It's ridiculously healthy, and super tasty! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Ingredients:

1-2 cups of cooked quinoa. I had about a cup, but used steam in a bag from Target.
1 can corn or 1 cup frozen corn
1 small can of rotel tomatoes
1 can of black beans
1 packet taco seasoning

Directions:

Empty all cans of ingredients into a strainer, and rinse briefly. Combine in a casserole pan with cooked quinoa, stir in taco seasoning. Sprinkle a light layer of cheese on top. Cook at 375 for approximately 15-20 minutes or until cheese is slightly bubbling. Remove, let cook and enjoy!

Total time for dish: about 30 minutes (but most of that is it cooking in the oven)

Total containers for 21 Day fix Meal plan: 1 yellow and 1/2 blue with cheese added

Total money spent: just about $6 per large casserole and each casserole makes double digit servings.

Have a healthy recipe you want to share? Comment below and lets share ideas together!

Interested in learning more about clean eating? Complete challenge group application on home page and let's chat about how to get started on your journey today!

xoxo
Meghan



No comments:

Post a Comment