Monday, January 11, 2016

Recipe: Grandmas Crockpot Beans and Potatoes- A clean version of a childhood favorite


If you grew up in the country like I did, many foods were considered comfort foods. We often had an amazing casserole for a meal, biscuits, beans, gravy covered stuff, and meals that we could cook from what we picked in the garden. One of those meals was beans and potatoes. I never realized that eating green beans could be bad for me but when I realized it was cooked with good ole bacon grease and other yummy flavorings, I decided I wanted to try it in a cleaner way so I could still have a little bit of home during the cold weather months. 

Ingredients:
Fresh green beans, cleaned, snapped (1lb of beans it cooks down and this is a weeks worth of beans)
Turkey Bacon
Fresh golden potatoes
Yellow onion diced 

Place all of the above in a crockpot, season with a little salt (remember we are keeping this clean) and pepper. Place on high heat and cook for 8 hours. 

Once its done, serve warm and enjoy. 

Portion containers: 
1 yellow
1 green 

xoxo
Meghan


No comments:

Post a Comment