Thursday, January 21, 2016

Recipe: 21 Day Fix Approved Fruit Nachos

So I will be honest...I have a serious sweet tooth. And in my efforts to really buckle down on my nutrition, my sweet does not mix with that all too well. I really wanted something, and before I caved I remembered I had just bought slivered almonds and chopped walnuts. The health and nutritional benefits from these two types of nuts are astonishing, and I definitely wanted to make sure I started incorporating them into my daily routine more often.

Ingredients needed:
1 small granny smith apple
cinnamon
raw honey
slivered almonds and chopped walnuts

Directions:
Slice granny smith apple and measure one purple container full of apple slices. Keep the slices on the thinner side. Arrange you apple slices on the plate, drizzle raw honey over and sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon (its FREE). Fill your blue container for that day with the slivered almonds and chopped walnuts, and then distribute them over your apples. Place entire plate in microwave for about 30 seconds and then ENJOY! An easy, delicious and nutritious afternoon snack and easy sweet tooth fix as well.

Total container count:
1 purple
1 blue
2 tsp

xoxo
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment