Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Recipe: Clean Apple Pie Oatmeal


Who LOVES oatmeal? I do! And I LOVE oatmeal with really good flavor. There is just something about eating a warm, tasty breakfast that makes me so happy in the morning. However, the little premade packets oatmeal or traditional ways of eating it often times take the healthy right out of oatmeal. Oatmeal is one of those foods that everyone should eat, and I have to often times think of ways to make it differently so I don't get bored with it but I am still keeping it clean. And then this happened...Apple Pie Oatmeal. It seriously tastes like warm apple pie. It is in one short word: AMAZING! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! It is even toddler approved!

Ingredients:
Plain rolled, steel cut or quick oats
1/2 purple container of unsweetened applesauce
Cinnamon
Small chunks of diced apple
Raw honey

Directions:
Cook oatmeal according to package instructions. I use water with mine to avoid added calories or fat from milk. If you need milk I recommend using unsweetened almond milk. Dice up on slice of an apple, any will do. Granny smith would be particularly delicious on top. Once your oatmeal is prepared, measure out one yellow container of your cooked oatmeal, mix with applesauce, and use approximately 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp raw honey and mix it all together in your bowl. Top with diced apples, and drizzle a very small amount of raw honey on top and you're finished.

I promise you will love it!

Total containers used:
1 yellow
1/2 purple
1tsp

Have comments or other clean recipes to share? Comment below and let's chat!
Want to know how to get started on your own clean eating journey, CLICK ON "CHALLENGE GROUP APPLICATION" TAB AT TOP OF HOME PAGE to start you journey today!

xoxo
Meghan



No comments:

Post a Comment